1. Position your exisiting shade on the "wrong" side of your fabrice and roll it over the material and use a pin to keep in place while you mark around the inside with a pen.
2. Remove the pin, unwind the material and you have your basic pattern. Add approx 2cm above the lines and cut. Then snip the material every 1-2cm - this makes the fitting easier.
3. Glue one end of the material onto the existing shade and again roll the material around the shade - glue and secure the other end of the material.
4. Fold and glue the top and bottom of the material - pulling taught as you go. Easy peasy.
The finished product:
1. I used the same process to make a band of material as I did when I made the curtains for the room.
2. I secured one end of the band to the lampshade with hot glue, wrapped it aroung the existing shade and secured the other end in the same fashion - again really easy and very effective.
Both lamps still give out enough light for reading at bedtime and now they look heaps better!